I have moved

You can mostly find me here these days instead. I'll do cross-posting for a while longer though.

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Quilt for Sofia

I made this quilt top a good long while back.

2012-07-08 21.35.37

Read more after the jump!

I used a video tutorial from Missouri Star to make the top. It took less than 90 minutes for me since i was a bit rusty at the time.

It's also been basted for a while before I got around to quilt it.

2012-07-08 22.51.46

I asked a few online friends for tips on how to quilt it. I wanted a sparse quilting since I loved the drape of the quilt with the batting in. I feared a too dense quilting would stiffen it up and make it less cuddly.

2012-07-12 18.57.46

After much agonising I decided on making large pentagonal stars. I could fit three width wise and four length wise and I opted on alternating the colours of each row so as not to run out of my chosen colour.

2012-07-22_img003

The quilting took a lot less time than I thought it would and it sewed up quickly.

2012-07-22_img005

I love how the stars show up on the back.

2012-07-22_img006

I used two IKEA fleece blankets as batting and a large sized white sheet as a backing. I plan for Sofia to use it for sleeping and not much showing off.

Done and delivered

Finally I took inspiration from other online friends and embroidered a little label for the back of it. The dress is designed by Sarah Jane and I just added some handwriting underneath to date and dedicate the quilt.

I've already started on a second label for the quilt I'm making for Isabel. The jelly roll I'm using  only shipped from Texas two days ago ... maybe I'm going about this wrong?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...